Following our recent Investors in People Assessment, I am delighted to confirm that The Old School House Day Nursery continues to be accredited as an Investors in People organisation.
Our passion for excellence within the early years is matched by our commitment to supporting the development of our team. One of our key priorities has always been and will continue to be the investment in meeting the learning needs of every member of our organisation. The investors standard provides us with an important external benchmark and a route map that enables us to carry out a more robust training needs analysis.
Examples of ongoing training developments, programmes and innovative projects include:
- The investment in our own blended e-learning VLE (virtual Learning environment) that will provide staff with an extensive portfolio of on-line learning and development activities – initial learning will include mentoring training for key members of staff.
- A PANCO (Physical activity and nutrition co-ordinator) development training activity has been successfully trialled within Cambridgeshire – the Old School House has taken a significant lead in the project – for more information please follow the link: www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news1/1129900/New-PANCo-role–designed-health-well-being-priority/
- Investing in an external expert to lead `Old School House Day Nursery Moves and Dances; ` action research project – the overall aim of the project is to introduce the benefits of creative movement to all the children. Staff will work alongside specialist teacher, joining in with all the movement sessions. Through participation in the classes, and sharing and collaborating with session planning, staff are able to develop an understanding of the principles of breaking down and applying movement fundamentals. ( for more information please read article attached and see our display in the reception area at nursery)
- Management team contribute to the NDNA and Oxford University research on parental engagement; report can be found at www.ndna.org.uk/research
- The Old School House is invited to participate in the piloting of The Children’s Food Trust national best practice guidelines for food and drink provision in early years settings, and accompanying practical tools, Link – www.childrensfoodtrust.org.uk/case-studies/the-old-school-house-nursery
- Investing in Graduate Leadership training – Lisa has now gained Early Years Professional Status(EYPS) to further develop her skills and knowledge in leading and delivering excellent practice within nursery
These are just a few learning examples that are ongoing within nursery with many more in the pipeline! If you have any ideas or thoughts or would like to get involved in any of the projects please let us know.